Central Sector Scholarship 2019-20: Central Sector Scholarship Scheme for College and University Students 2020 (CSSS Scholarship 2020) is a centrally-funded merit-cum-means scholarship started by the Department of Higher Education of MHRD. With an objective to financially support students of economically deprived families, this scheme is distributed among 82,000 graduate/postgraduate scholars every year. Central sector scholarship last date is 15th November 2020.
This scholarship amount is given in equal proportion to both boys and girls, which means, out of 82,000, 41,000 scholarships are reserved for boy students and the other 41,000 are for girl students. The selected students will receive an annual scholarship amount of up to INR 20,000 so that they could meet their day-to-day expenses while pursuing higher studies. Central Sector Scholarship Online Scheme for college and university students 2019.
Complete detail of the Central Scholarship scheme (CSS Scholarship) is given here in this article. All the information such as the central sector scholarship list, key objective, central scholarship last date, eligibility criteria, rewards and application procedure are highlighted in this article.
Central Sector Scholarship Overview
Before heading towards the key details of the central sector scholarship, let us take an overview of all the particulars related to this scholarship.
|Specifications||Central Government Scholarship Details|
|Rewards||Up to INR 20,000 annually is provided until the completion of course|
|Eligibility Criteria||Candidates who are above the 80th percentile of successful students who have passed class 12 from a recognized institute.|
Pursuing regular UG/PG course.
Annual family income is less than INR 6 Lakh.
|Application Duration||July – October (Tentative)|
|Application procedure||Through the official website of National Scholarship Portal|
Central Sector Scholarship Scheme Key Objective
The Central Sector Scholarship Scheme is offered to meritorious students of College and University which aims to provide financial support to those scholars who come from low-income group families. The capital provided supporting this scholarship helps the students to meet his/her daily costs acquired while persevering graduate or postgraduate studies in general or professional courses.
Central Sector Scholarship Amount
Central Sector Scholarship grants a total of 82,000 scholarships each year, amongst which 50% of the scholarship is reserved for girl candidates and the rest 50% is allotted for boy candidates. All these scholarships are issued to the State Education Boards on the base of the population group of 18 to 25 years age group in the individual State, after separating the share of CBSE and ICSE.
Moreover, the scholarships allocated to State Education Boards are arranged in the ratio of 3:2:1 among the pass-outs of Science, Commerce and Arts students, respectively. The chosen students will get the scholarship amount straight into their bank account through the Direct Benefits Transfer (DBT) mode. Below are the details of the rewards given to the students under the Central Sector Scholarship scheme.
|Education Level||Scholarship Reward|
|Graduation||A scholarship amount of INR 10,000 annually for 1st three years of graduation.|
In the case of a 5-year integrated course (professional studies), INR 20,000 annually is given to students during the 4th and 5th years of study.
If the candidates are seeking technical education such as B.Tech., B.Engg., the scholarship is given up to graduation level.
|Post-graduation||An amount of INR 20,000 is provided to scholars studying at the postgraduation level.|
Central Sector Scholarship Dates
- The Central Sector merit-cum-means scholarship is usually announced every year in the July month and its deadline comes in November (15th).
- The application time varies from year-to-year and is subjected to change as per the will of the scholarship provider.
- In the year 2020, the last date for the central sector scholarship 2019 Application Form is 15th November 2020.
Central Sector Scholarship Eligibility
Central Sector Scheme for the scholarship is meant for those talented students who belong to economically backward families. While applying for this scholarship, the candidates must make sure that they have secured above 80th percentile of successful students in the relevant stream in the class 12 board exam. Find the complete details about the eligibility criteria needed to apply for the scholarship.
- The candidates must be in the top 20th percentile merit list of class 12 result of concerned boards (SEB/CBSE/ICSE).
- The candidates must be seeking regular courses of graduation/postgraduation/professional studies from colleges/universities recognized by AICTE, UGC, MCI, DCI or other regulatory bodies.
- The candidates belonging to reserved categories of SC, ST, OBC, and PWD will get a reservation of 15%, 7.5%, 27%, and 5%, respectively.
- The candidates’ annual family income must not exceed INR 6 Lakh.
- The applicants must not be receiving any other scholarship benefits.
- Also, those students who are pursuing Diploma courses are not eligible for this merit-cum-means scholarship.
Central Sector Scholarship Apply – Application Procedure
To make the application procedure easy and accessible for candidates, MHRD enables students to fill the Central Sector Scholarship application form for the scholarship, online through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP).
- Candidates applying from NSP for the first time required to register with the National scholarship portal Registration as a new user.
- Fill in all the necessary information and click on ‘Register’ to get enrolled. The candidate’s application ID and password are sent on the registered mobile number.
- The candidates need to log in to the NSP website using the recently generated ID and password. An OTP is sent on the registered mobile number using which the applicant must replace his/her password.
- Once the password is modified, the applicants are directed to the Applicant’s Dashboard Page, where they need to click on ‘Application form’ to begin the application process.
- The candidates need to give all the required details such as registration details, academic details, basic details, contact details and scheme chose.
- All the required documents in support of identity and academic eligibility must be uploaded by the applicants.
- Now, the filled-in application form must be saved as a draft so that the applicant can check every detail once again to make sure they are correct.
- Finally, the candidate must click on the ‘Submit’ button to submit the completed scholarship application form.
- These online scholarships submitted by the applicants are tested at two levels one at institute level where the candidate is studying and the other at education board level through which the candidate passed his/her class 12 exam.
Central Sector Scholarship Required Documents
Before registering on the National Scholarship Portal, students are advised to keep the following documents ready with them
- Bank Passbook of the applicant for filling bank details
- Aadhaar card Number of the candidate
- Parental income certificate
- A valid mobile number (To receive the OTP)
- An e-mail ID
- Caste certificate
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
Central Sector Scholarship Instructions for Bank Account Details
- The bank account should be in the student’s name.
- Students must select their bank/branch name carefully from the drop-down list.
- Thereafter the complete account number must be entered correctly. (Any variation in the bank account number will be subject to rejection).
- The bank account holder must check their ‘Know your Customer’ (KYC) status from the bank and if required the KYC must be done for successful transaction of scholarship amount.
- Bank Account must be operational/active.
- Bank Account must be preferably in any Nationalized Bank with a core banking facility.
Central Sector Scholarship Renewal Form
The scholarship is renewed every year up to Post Graduate level in the same stream. For all professional courses, the scholarship will be renewed until Graduation level. For all the courses the scholarship would be renewed up to a maximum of five (5) years. The renewal of the scholarship is further subject to the student meeting the following criteria:-
- Secured 60% or more marks for the two preceding semesters or annual examination which determines his/her promotion to the next class
- Maintenance of attendance of at least 75% by the scholars and
- Maintenance of discipline i.e. the scholars should not have been involved in any ragging activities.
Class 12th pass out students of the academic year 2008 to 2014, are required to apply directly to respective State Education Boards/CBSE and submit their renewal application form duly certified from their respective institutions. The renewal of the scholarship is subject to the student has scored 60 % or more marks in the previous exam, having 75 % attendance and not involved in ragging activities. Renewal applications directly sent to the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Higher Education, National Scholarship Division would NOT be entertained.
Central Sector Scholarship – Contact Details
National Scholarship Division
Ministry of Human Resource Development
Department of Higher Education
West Block 1, 2nd Floor, Wing 6, Room No. 6
K. Puram, Sector 1, New Delhi 110066.
Tele: 011- 26172491, 26165238.
FAQ’s on Central Sector Scheme Scholarship 2020
What is the central sector scholarship 2018 19?
The “Central Sector Scheme of Scholarship 2020 for College and University Students” is implemented by the Department of Higher Education since 2008. The purpose of the scheme is to grant financial assistance to worthy students, to meet a part of their day-to-day expenses while persevering in higher studies.
What is the NSP scholarship?
National Scholarship Portal (NSP) is a digital scholarship platform that provides multiple scholarships administered by the central government, state governments and different government agencies like UGC (University Grants Commission), AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education), etc.
What is the rate of scholarship under the Scheme?
The rate of scholarship is Rs. 10000/- per annum at Graduation level for the first three years of College and University courses and Rs. 20000/- per annum at the Post-Graduation level. Students pursuing professional courses are paid Rs. 20,000/- per annum in the 4th and 5th years.
When to apply for the scholarship on the National Scholarship Portal?
The date for submission of online application is the same for all the Schemes and the same is displayed on the Portal.
What is a Temporary ID?
Temporary ID (TID) is only a reference number provided to the applicants as a token of their registration in the online database.
Is there any Permanent ID?
Yes. A Permanent ID (PID) will be provided to the candidate once his/her application is submitted online. It will be conveyed to candidates through SMS and e-mail. Students should remember their PID as it will be required at the time of renewal application. Receipt of PID does not guarantee the award of scholarship.
How to check the status of my application online?
You have to log in under the option ‘Student Login’ by entering your Permanent ID and Date of Birth. After login, you will be able to view the option ‘Check Your Status’. Under this option, you can check your online application status.
You can also find more Scholarship Articles for 12th passed, 10th passed Students and many more.